Please remember that our primary focus is families with minor children. We accept applications from married couples without children, but rarely are we able to accept them into the program due to space limitations.
We must have a completed application before we will consider you for the program.
Who can apply?
Individuals who meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Do not have a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or is in immediate danger of losing their home through eviction or foreclosure.
- Lack resources (income and assets) and support networks to get adequate shelter
- Employed full-time or willing and able to become employed full-time, immediately
- Able to live independently (no physical or emotional illnesses/conditions that require supervision)
- Drug and alcohol free (as evidenced by a drug/alcohol screening)
- Agree to remain drug and alcohol free for the full time in the shelter
- Will consent to a background investigation
- Have no history of crimes involving sex, children, or violence
- Single or married (only married adults will be allowed to share an apartment)
- 21 years of age or older, or 18-20 years of age and an emancipated adult
- Have legal custodial custody of a minor child
- Have been a Lafayette County resident for a minimum of one year
- A US citizen or a legal resident of the US and have a Green Card for employment
- Not fleeing domestic violence (we can’t provide the needed protection)
- Want to learn to take care of their family, manage their money well, and be a contributing member of the community
- No walk-ins, must have an appointment
How to Apply:
To apply for STEP a potential client should complete an application:
Applications can be downloaded here: Application Form
Once downloaded applicant can fill form out on computer, save document and then email the form back (under CONTACTS).
Applications are also available for pick-up at these locations:
_____________________________________________________________Interfaith Compassion Ministry (ICM) 904 North Lamar Blvd. Oxford, MS 38655 Contact: Lena Wiley Lafayette County Office of Economic Assistance 819 Jackson Ave. Oxford, MS 38655 United Way 440 N. Lamar Ave. Oxford, MS 38655 Attendance Officers for Lafayette and Oxford Schools Guidance Counselors at All Oxford and Lafayette Schools ________________________________________________________ ***Please return all applications to Doors of Hope, 924 Van Buren Avenue, Oxford MS 38655 _______________________________________________________ You will be contacted by a representative of DOHTM after we have received and reviewed your application. Please remember that INTERVIEWS are only set when we have a unit available. Also, please no walk-ins, an appointment is necessary. Thank you.